ANUSC
Home :: Dive Trips :: Info :: Member List :: Gear :: Boats :: Safety :: Environment :: Camp Sites :: Social :: Buy-Swap-Sell :: Site Index :: Joining the Club

Jervis Bay

8-9 December 2017 

Coordinator: Ray Vran and Sebastien Allgeyer 

Hi all,

We are planning on basing ourselves at Honeymoon Bay, Jervis Bay. This is on the north side of Jervis Bay near Currarong. The fastest way there is via Tarrago, and Nerriga. (If going by GPS, you might need to plug both of these waypoints in.)

Jervis Bay

Jervis Bay is an old club favourite, and offers excellent protected diving in almost all weather conditions. Walls, caves, arches, wrecks, swim throughs, deep valleys, ravines, a plane wreck, nudibranchs, sea dragons. JB offers diving for all standards of divers from beginners to experienced. While most of our diving is from boats, diving is also accessible from the shore at Honeymoon Bay!

For more info on Jervis Bay and diving there, take a look at:

Camping

We will be camping at Honeymoon Bay. The camp spot is set in a superb natural bushland setting. Honeymoon Bay has very basic facilities only portable toilets. There are no showers and you need to bring drinking water. The nearest shops are at Currarong about 10kms away there is only a general store there if you want a Coles or Woolworths you will need to go to Nowra some 35kms away. There is also a Bowling Club at Currarong and a restaurant where people can get dinner on Saturday night as an alernative to cooking their own

Boat ramp

We will use the boat ramp at Honeymoon Bay which is a adjacent to the campground.

Dive Planning

Dive planning for Saturday morning will happen on the Thursday night at the shed, although, please note that I also ask people to give me their preferences for Saturday morning diving in their email response to me. Dive planning will occur at 6pm on Saturday night for Sunday's diving. The first dive of each day will leave the boat ramp at around 8.00am. Subject to weather etc this first dive will be to one of the deeper sites - "out the front" where depths are typically 30m+. The second dive (likely more shallow) will leave the boat ramp at around 10.30. Please take this information into account when giving me your dive preferences.

Air Fills

At this stage I'm planning on taking the Club compressor. (If not, we will need to go to Huskison to get fills.) .

If you want to be on the first dive on Sunday morning, organise a full tank the day before!

Gear Issue and Boat Preparation

Gear issue / boat prep is on Thursday 15 November at 5:30 pm at the gear shed, North Oval.

Safety

As always, if you've not dived with the Club before (and even if you have!), PLEASE read about how Club Trips work (http://scuba.club.anu.edu.au/trips/clubtrips.php) so that you will have a realistic expectation of what we can provide (lots) and what we expect from you (the same!). Particularly read the section on Safety and diving at the level you feel safe with (http://scuba.club.anu.edu.au/trips/clubtrips.php#safety), as well as the club's Safety Information and Dive Tips (http://scuba.club.anu.edu.au/safety/).

Signing Up

Please let me (ray.vran@gmail.com) know (please don't "reply all" and spam everyone):

-- Ray.

Weather :: Joining ANUSC :: Links :: News :: Contact Us :: Copyright